It’s first day back to the real world!
So far, nothing special or spectacular happened. It was just another day at work. Thankfully, I am not feeling lazy and I feel like I made the most of my break. I just hope I’ll have enough energy for the whole day and I won’t be feeling sleepy later because I did not get enough shut-eye last night.
The sleepiness usually comes after lunch. Sometimes I feel like I am a swine, I feel sleepy after eating. Since it’s just the middle of the day and I still have work to do, here are some things I do to keep myself awake.
- Coffee – caffeine used to jolt me up but I noticed that my tolerance gets a little higher each time
- Wash face- if only I could take a bath, I would. The splash of cold water is enough to keep me on my toes for a few hours.
- Exercise – these stairs and the corridor are good for a slow jog which keeps my blood pumping.
- Spicy food – i love them =) Once the spiciness touches my tongue, it would be hard to go dozing.
- Power nap – 15 – 30 minutes are my ideal. I have this secret spot in our library. After I have my nap, I feel so refreshed like I had a complete eight hour sleep.
Sometimes one of them is enough, there are times I use a combination or two or three methods and I know it’s really bad if I had to do all of them. As much as possible, I don’t want to do any because the best way to ward off sleepiness is have enough sleep the night before.